Answered By: Jonathan Bloy Last Updated: Sep 08, 2015 Views: 148
There are two kinds of reserves:
- Books, videos, or CDs at the library
- Electronic reserves that are online
To start, click Course Reserves from the library website (found under Quick Links).
Book or Audiovisual Reserves
Book, video, or CD reserves will be in the library
- On the Course Reserves page, click Book or Audiovisual Reserves to see what your professor has on reserve in the library.
- Search by the course number/name (i.e. Ed 423 OR Social Studies Methods) OR the instructor’s last name: (i.e. Carey)
- Go to the library Service Desk and ask for the reserve by the course number: Bus 280, RS 459, etc.
- Check out time varies from 2-hours to 1 week
- Bring your campus ID to check out reserves
Electronic reserves will be available through the Electronic Reserves website, or linked directly in your class on BlackBoard.
- On the Course Reserves page, click Electronic Reserves
- Search by Instructor, Course Number, or Course Name
- Click on the Course Number to see all documents for that course
- Enter the PASSWORD that your instructor gave you for this course
- You will see a list of reserve items for your class
- Click on the title of the item you need
- A window will pop up that has a link to a PDF, or a link to the article in one of the library databases.
- Articles from a library database will require a remote access logon if you are off-campus or using the wireless network. See How to access library resources from off-campus.