Answered By: Nathan Dowd
Last Updated: Jul 27, 2020     Views: 17

The Copyright clearance center is the best place to start. On this site, you can input the title of the article or book that your figures are published in. You will then receive a form that will guide you through the process and let you know how much if at all, you will need to pay for permission.

If the source you are looking for is not available on the Copyright Clearance Center website than you will need to contact the publisher directly. It is a good idea to check their website as some publishers give permission for dissertations and thesis republication right on their page without needing to contact them.

Library staff can assist with any questions on this you have.


Related Topics

Related Topics

    Live Help

    We Can Help

    We Can Help!

    Librarians are here to provide research help to students, faculty, staff, and community members.